How to reach, Getting around and places to visit at Benaulin Beach
How to reach Benaulin Beach
Benaulim beach of Goa is among the quietest beaches of the region. It starts right at the ending point of the Colva beach. The beach is easily approachable by all modes of transportation.
By Air :The nearest airport to reach Benaulin is Dabolim, which is 29 km away from Panaji and 68 km from Benaulin. Visitors on reaching the aerodrome can hire pre-paid taxis, so as to reach the beach.
By Train : The nearest railway station is at Karmali, 11 km away from Panaji. Panaji is at a distance of 39 km from Benaulin.
By Bus : There is a regular bus service from Colva to Benaulin, which is 2 Km from Benaulin plying to and from Margao which is at a distance of 33 Km from Panaji the capital of Goa.
Hiring a bicycle is not very difficult in Goa. It is the only state where motorcycles are a licensed form of taxi. To get a scooter or motorcycle at rent is definitely the best option for getting around at the beach. Economically too, it is feasible for a local tour.
Places to visit
- Church of St. John the Baptist :- It is situated on a hill beyond the village and is worth a visit.
- On the arrival of mansoon, Feast of St. John the Baptist, (Sao Joao) is celebrated as a thanksgiving. Young men wearing crowns of leaves and fruits tour the area singing
- Feast of St. John the Baptist:- On the arrival of rainy season feast of St. John the Baptist is celebrated as a thanks giving. Young men wearing lovely crown of leaves and fruits parade the whole area.
- Bull Fighting:- Bull fighting is another major attraction of evenings among the tourists. This fight starts in the month of October and lasts till the mid of May.
- Beach Bonanza Fair :-This fair is held on successive Sundays from mid-April onwards on the Benaulim Beach. It is famous for goan handicrafts and rosewood furniture.